Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Woman in Love and a New World Order

In my work I have the experience to hear many women, married or single, straight or otherwise complain about unsatisfying relationships. The story is tragic but consistent, “I found a spark, but now it’s gone” and “Why can’t I just find the One?”

I swear to you sometimes I am convinced a New World Order will begin when women learn to fall in love with life more than they seek romance in someone else. I mean, who told us it has to be this way? And who told us we need the soap opera? Was it Disney’s Cinderella? I pray for the day when we can graduate from such nonsense!

One day women across the country will step outside the domains of their ridiculous jobs and frustrating homes, and put on some Joplin, go out and buy themselves
some flowers instead of waiting for someone else to get them. They will learn to write poetry for the sheer pleasure of it, treat themselves to fine chocolate, smile at strangers when running their errands, and learn to speak a foreign language.

When was the last time you prepared a succulent meal for yourself and enjoyed it till you had to lick your fingers to savor every drop? Even with two kids, I have certain meals that I prepare only because it pleases me to do so-granted, I had to learn to cook Cajun, and some nice jerk chicken, but it always transports me when I sit down to eat it. Sometimes my girlfriends tell me “Girl, it’s useless; I just don’t get excited anymore!” Then I say, run out and get some Nina Simone or the new kid, Nellie McKay, and let me know afterward if you haven’t thawed yet!

When you are in the groove you are in a state of openness toward life in general-that is what is vital about being in love and why we feel alive. That open nature is the way you naturally were as a child. And back then you were insatiable for life. How sad that as we grow up we expect someone else to give us that and then when they can’t sustain the constant supply of passion we crave, we get all in a huff about it.

Yet when a woman falls in love with Life above all else, she becomes a Force of Nature! No matter what situation she’s in, she always knows how to savor the best of it. She’s not easily offended, laughs often, and is infectious to be around. Men cannot resist this woman and they may not know why. There is a powerful magnetic field around her and it matters not that she’s physically attractive, or shy or outgoing, or educated. Everyone takes notice. That is how the love of Life works. Such a woman never feels empty or bored. For as much as she gives, it only increases her own passion exponentially to do so.

Frankly, my vision is not to empty women’s lives of the lovers they adore. But rather to get women to imagine a new model of romance where two such passionate people come together. There is no competition, no suspicion, no clinginess, no mind games, no blackmail or narcissism. In such a relationship your lover mirrors you back to yourself, but you know what to do with that and you no longer depend on it for your identity or your self-esteem. If a woman smitten this way is a Force of Nature, a woman and her partner are a Cosmic Force and their intimacy is a reflection of that. I gotta run now, but I’m wishing you many happy sins until next time..

Namaste,
Adriana

2 comments:

  1. If you find a LADY like this please give her my address and ask her to email me because I have been looking for her all my life and am still looking. What you say here is the REAL DEAL and most every guy on the planet would welcome her into his life, granted many would not know why (we guys are like that) but I would, maybe because I have learned to use BOTH sides of my brain.

    Charles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allen,
    It is my distinct pleasure and vision to draw out these people from the woodwork. They are there as you are, but not always vocal. Stay tuned as projects develop in the coming months and you will see wonderful people emerging. I am also creating a discussion forum on my website to encourage this interaction and will be expanding speaking engagements outside the NY area. Thank you for the wonderful words..
    Namaste,
    Adriana

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Twitter